martedì 27 maggio 2008

My business mission statement

To everyone who cares,
I'm in the mood of sharing my businees mission statment. If you are handling a business you should have one to guide you along day by day decisions toward the accomplishment of your vision. If you don't have one you are in trouble.
I elaboarted my mission statement few years ago when I was a full time student at the university. Since then I have had a professional and a personal mission statement.
Both Statements were widely influenced by a physics concept: the Entropy.
I discovered this physics concept that was ruling every single interaction happening in the universe, at least since the big bang.
It was providing my personal sort of “42” Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (See as reference The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and the meaning of 42). This concept is good enough for me to provide an answer on fundamental questions such as:
Why things happen? Which is the role of the mankind in the universe?
Why the Murphy rules are so good?
So since than I discovered myself often to observe things in my life in an “entropical prospective”.
Few years late I took a management class where the concepts of mission statement and vision were introduced . The proposed definition (not literally) was:
The mission statement is the play book for making your mission a reality.
Using an analogy, they were presenting the mission statement as the trajectory of a missile, and the vision as the target of the missile itself.
Of course in the professional an working life the vision changes quite often, on the Job anytime that you change it or you finally make true your vision. But the mission statement , what really guides you along the accomplishment of the Vision can be largely be consistent with few changes.
My personal mission statement is something that I keep for myself and share with my family, but I’m happy to share my professional one :

Managing business events through constant innovation and carefully analysis of its consequences

So I do believe that the innovation can dynamically fight against the constant tendency to the chaos of the (business) universe. But making order (innovating) will have side effects (Entropy is always increasing in the universe), some other portions of the universe will be disordered to compensate the order that I’m putting in my system. So this explains why I must carefully analyze the consequences of the innovations introduced.
Voster semper voster

1 commento:

  1. Hi Traveller,
    probably the solution is to not implement more than 42 innovation for year.. :D

    RispondiElimina

Tutti i commenti sono accettati, se non violano le leggi americane o italiane. Tutto cio' che non e' un commento (spam, offese, richieste, etc) oppure mi infastidisce verra' cancellato.